Home » Getaways + Events, Lifestyle + Culture, travel advice, Travel Deals

Top 10 Travel Destinations for 2010

Submitted by on December 31, 2009 – 1:27 pm8 Comments

It’s that time of year again. The time of year when everyone compiles their “best of” and “top 10″ lists. Typically, we try and zig when everyone else zags. However, with so many unbelievable travel bargains on the horizon for 2010, we felt the need to compile our own list of top travel spots for 2010. For anyone looking to plan a trip for the upcoming year, 2010 looks to be a banner year for travel. If you are planning a trip in the coming year, be sure to check out our top 10 travel destinations for 2010.

Knysna-sunrise

vieques

8. Vieques, Puerto Rico

Uruguay

9. Uruguay

cesky

10. Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

IMAGES VIA: Anthony Letmon, martijnmunneke, soma-samui.com, Ana Paula Hirama, *AStarWithin*, Chadica, on flickr and Reinhart on Picasa

• JoAnna says:

Great list, though I would argue that all of Honduras and not just Roatan are worthy of a visit. I would love to visit the Czech Republic before it becomes to Western European.

• It’s really difficult to select one or the other destination but… my top 10 for 2010 would be this one:
    - Bali and Indonesia,
    - Seychelles of course (most beautiful natural islands in the world!),
    - Maldives (if you are a scubadiver…),
    - Greenland (wonderful light for photographers),
    - Malawi (“warm heart of Africa” and it’s true!),
    - Norway and its fjords,
    - China (and specially Yunnan close to Tibet area),
    - Whitsundays islands (Queensland, Australia),
    - Egypt for the old temples and Red Sea for divers,
    - Paris of course! Because France is one of the most enjoyable country in the world! ;-)

Happy new year to everyone!…

• Anil says:

I’m a sucker for these if not for the fact I get to read about more and more destinations. I’m glad I came across this one, it features 5 places along my travel route for 2010.

• Oh, Zadar! I LOVE the city. It is so beautiful. During my trip to Croatia, it was my first experience with the stunning Adriatic. I walked through the old, walled city to the mesmerizing Sea Organ and listened to its soft music, watched children play on the Sun Salutation, dancing in its light and just had an amazing time. Croatia is a gem and I am so glad a city like Zadar is being included in the list. You can read all about my time in Croatia and check out my trip photos at my Web site, http://www.dtravelsround.com
    Thank you for including Zadar in your top picks. It is truly a must on any traveler’s list!

• Great list but for me this is not my top ten but I will consider your Uruguay. But, thanks for sharing your idea about your top ten best destination in 2010.

• Craig says:

Nice list with a few unexpected destinations on there. Good to see Colombia on the list too. With the improvements in security, it certainly has the potential to be a great destination.

• Nomadic Matt says:

I think samui is already a top travel destination. But the kimberley’s are beautiful!

• Adam says:

South Africa seems to be on everyone’s list this year! And I can’t wait to get to Croatia myself, so thanks for mentioning Zadar.